Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Bedtime Talk

That night, I was trying to put Lana to sleep. The twins  already doozed off peacefully earlier. As usual Lana will ask either daddy or mummy to hug her or at least hold her hand before she can go to sleep (this kaklong is still manja). I asked Lana to recite dua' before goes to sleep, selawat nabi and some self talk to herself. I will remind her to be good khalifah, Love Allah and Rasullullah and to solat and read quran everyday.

After that, she suddenly hold her 2 fists together and said,

Lana:       
Mummy, this is my brain size. It is very small. Daddy's brain is bigger. How can i make my brain bigger?

Mummy
Your brain will grow with time. Lana, what is more important is you need to use your brain wisely. You need to learn and learn so that you become clever and then you can teach other people so that more people also can be clever like you!

Lana:      
I need to teach other people? Can i hold your hand when i teach other people?

Mummy:
Lana, you need to learn not to be shy. One day, maybe I need to see Allah and I will die (I was almost crying when i say this and the words somehow hard to come out) Then you cannot hold to my hand anymore. But I know you will be strong. (Actually I'm not sure how out of the sudden I gave this answer to her)

Suddenly, she started to cry and said that she loves me very much. I know it is hard.... to tell your little ones that one day we will die and the one leaves behind needs to go on. I pray to Allah that if it happens that I shall go first, my kids will be strong to continue their life.. ameen

1 comment:

  1. Shik!

    sedeynya baca.. Lana sgt pandai.. Anyway, hope apa yg ko doakan Allah makbulkan.. same goes to me, skrang ni nak gi outstation je Ilham dah nangis dah.. huhu..

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers